200,000 miles

Paul

Ahh that explains it. You've just about run it in then lol. There's a guy on club polo who's got something like 800k miles on a 1.7 sdi.

Service it and it's got plenty left in the tank.

800,000? Wow! What's the highest mileage Lupo or Arosa on Club Lupo?

Probably you :) or Rich, he has a pretty high mileage SDI.

Edited by Skezza

No, I'm actually going to do this one.

It has a somewhat comprehensive SH so I would presume it has had one in the past so I'm chancing it for a couple of months till it gets warmer.

This is good to see as got a blue SDi myself and its only on 85k so got a long way to go yet, need to change the cambelt at some point as no idea when it was last done so playing lottery with mine atm as well lol.

This is good to see as got a blue SDi myself and its only on 85k so got a long way to go yet, need to change the cambelt at some point as no idea when it was last done so playing lottery with mine atm as well lol.

85k miles? Nice. Like I said, barely run in. As I've pointed out before these engines are designed for high mileage, they come from VW's line of industrial engines. I imagine an SDI with oil changes done regularly enough would have no problem eclipsing a million miles.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 17 February 2015 at 10:53 PM, Paul said:

Today, this happened...

10hjcjr.jpg

az6t4y.jpg

This thread brings me so much joy/hope :D

@Paul, is she still going? Also, have you had to intervene gearbox/peddlebox wise in the space of 200k? Is there a 'Members Cars' thread?

Also, looking at these chaps last log-on dates it seems like most of them aren't around so much these days -_- Big shame as you lot (Particularly @Rich as he's local) are potential SDI brethren for me to share trials and tribulations with... At least @Skezza is still prevalent here ;)

Edited by JoeyEunos

Mine hit 160k last Friday, thankfully not my daily anymore, just had a nice VW service at work, cambelt and waterpump and fresh MOT with only front tyres getting low as an advisory....

^I think this thread ended up being mainly centered around SDI's for the most part chaps, hence my interest in skezza/Rich/Paul's experiences :P

Nice to hear about your high milage experiences none the less ;)

Edited by JoeyEunos

• 2 weeks later...