VW Fox Factory speaker Problems

calvinambrose

Hello,

Had my VW fox for 2 years now and recently the speaker seem to be tinny and have no depth, there seems to be no bass.

this problem is intermittent sometime the speakers sound fine and other times not.

Has anyone had this problem ? or any ideas what the problem might be ?

• 4 years later...

Hi,

My 2008 Fox has the same symptoms.  First thought there might be a break (due to flexing when doors open/shut) in the wiring to the door having had this with other cars.

Removed door card and found there was a small voltage on the speaker feed when the radio is on.

Surprised to find that pressing on the speaker cone caused it to work (on both sides), electrical connections on the speaker itself seem ok. Very weird - while unlikely it is as if the coil is not positioned correctly in relation to the magnet - but no obvious damage.

So as a bodge I have cut pieces of foam plastic sponge and trapped them between the cone and the grill on the door card - not hi fidelity! but better than no bass at all.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

I'd leave the original wiring intact and just run some new wires direct from the headunit.

If people are losing bass and it's a common problem just do a workaround straight away.