So I suppose I should start a build thread... - Many Many Photos!!

Mattz341

So a few of you will recognise this car, it's been around the block but as long as nothing bad happens with my finances then i'll be keeping this a very long time!

I'll let the photos do the talking, there are some potato photos from my phone so I apologize in advance for this!

There are photos that i don't own, but found about the internet and various build threads!

null_zps8nqpgj66.jpg

null_zpstvx8zmth.jpg

IMG_3604_zps4gjvzc8k.jpg

IMG_3594_zpsey6cimeq.jpg

IMG_3600_zpsgfhaaaa1.jpg

IMG_3602_zpsm8znsirq.jpg

null_zps8u4l41an.jpg

null_zpsnr1khcu2.jpg

null_zpsisw6vfoi.jpg

null_zpseooeftun.jpg

null_zpsccuwkdcr.jpg

null_zpszwprss5s.jpg

null_zps8tejxk0c.jpg

null_zpsermnealy.jpg

null_zpsq1qudz83.jpg

P.S if you want any of the photos removed then please message me!

Edited by Mattz341

Apparently i have too many photos so i'll post the rest now!

Now the potato photos I've taken...

IMG_3642_zps2far4xmf.jpg

IMG_3640_zpsxmjd06f9.jpg

IMG_3638_zpsk4bduogp.jpg

IMG_3635_zpsbxydqybt.jpg

It didn't come with an engine cover but i had a spare laying around!

IMG_3634_zpsabeyl3lp.jpg

IMG_3632_zps6csewpgv.jpg

I need to find a set of Bathursts for my winter wheels as these aren't permanent!

I've had the front wheel bearings changed at VW as the front right went, I also got them to check over the rest of the suspension.

Nothing bad popped up so I'm happy about that!

Also changed the Alternator as it died...

It was raining and I was in brighton... Found a new use for Multistory Car Parks!

IMG_4348_zps34b2khlr.jpg

Best mate Jake helping with the alternator - You'll probably see more of him than me!

But this was a bit windy so moved to here...

IMG_4349_zpsd3ezhqip.jpg

The lighting was excellent!

Out with the old...

IMG_4350_zpsqvet7vlw.jpg

In with the new! New belt fitted too, all in under 35 minutes!! Winning!

IMG_4351_zpsiqljfgb3.jpg

Whilst the Lupo was in VW having the wheel bearing done they gave me an Up!

(Annoyingly I didn't take a photo of the outside)

But look at the Mileage!

IMG_4331_zpsmev2cni5.jpg

I thought I'd make use of the Up!'s massive efficiency and went up t'north and picked up some sexy goodies for her!

IMG_4345_zpsku62lru5.jpg

Lets just say I made use of ALL space available...

IMG_4332_zps1p5bbvfk.jpg

Edited by Mattz341

The Lupo will be reasonably slow in terms of Build as im mental busy with Uni, Work and Racing.. Not to forget having a Girlfriend i should probably see more than i play with the car lol!

Here are some photos from racing...

I'm the Data Analyst for both teams, I usually muck in with all the nut and bolt checks and then also taking tyre readings.

I work on Two Single seat teams;

TNR - Team northbrook racing

A 1997 Renault Van Dieman.

We usually enter it into Monoclassic a series ran by Monoposto.. This year we're entering into the Tideman Championship as the other car is entering the Mono2000 race as renault have got the hump with Ford!

Some of these photos are taken by me, the others by various people who attend/work on the team.

IMG_2442_zpsjtnvkbj4.jpg

IMG_2479_zpsuiuqqdmn.png

IMG_3384_zps6tvvpedd.jpg

A week of racing leaves me looking like a hobo!

IMG_3388_zpsglukuudf.jpg

IMG_3386_zpso5jpv9dd.jpg

Here's an awesome vid of the cars we were out testing with at Brands Hatch...

http://vid1274.photobucket.com/albums/y421/Matt_James_Stocken/Racing%20-%20TNR%20and%20University%20of%20Wolverhampton/Noise%20Comparison_zpsxamse4cf.mp4

Points for who can name the other three cars!

Edited by Mattz341

This is the only pic of the Wolver car I have as it's still being built!

RacingCarBanner-1_zpsmlzfapxt.jpg

This is a 2009 (iirc) Formula Renault Barc car, it's the first year its been ran. It's gonna be awesome! I'll keep uploading pics as and when im out...

For all those interested in Motorsport this is my racing calender this year...

Gonna be busy! Especially as I go on holiday with my misses in June and I'm planning on doing a road trip too!!

10836202_10203568147675967_1117919872_n_

Edited by Mattz341

Haha well hopefully there will be updates next week, who knows!

I realized after I'd left. We should have taken some pics of the two together!!

Yeah I thought that too but never mind we can meet somewhere better perhaps when it is still light! Oh and when mine isn't dirty as hell!!

BTW I'm sure your seats have had something done to them as I checked today and mine are as low and far back as they can go but are still miles higher than yours?!

Yeah I thought that too but never mind we can meet somewhere better perhaps when it is still light! Oh and when mine isn't dirty as hell!!

BTW I'm sure your seats have had something done to them as I checked today and mine are as low and far back as they can go but are still miles higher than yours?!

Hmmmm... Well when i have the interior out i'll photo the runners and bases. I don't think they've been modded as the other one felt the same... We'll see!!

great start!!! interesting career there mate!!! something id love to get into!!!

Thanks man! Yeah it's awesome! I'll be grabbing loads of photos of the car and of the racing so i'll make sure to keep this updated as best as possible!

Can't wait to finish uni and just get on with racing!

Edited by Mattz341

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So! I said i'd been working on something big... So here it is!

I've wanted climatronic for a very long time and there's another thread on here with some bits in it but i'll collate them all here!

So.. First off i bought the entire dash part of the climatronic off of a polo GTi...

3BDA485C-3DE4-4068-B3D1-8985B0A6A51F_zps

and here they are placed together with all the wiring plugged in...

5D1B6256-6ADA-40CF-B0BF-0A5E040AFF20_zps

Right! So that's what I used.. Now this is what the car started like...

F2FDF3AC-C551-4C54-B9C6-17CF228D80DC_zps

D3C44B66-3404-41B3-8970-CF5B6C63B8C5_zps

Then some removal later....

AE59C8D1-C10E-4904-95D6-C89B39DED0A8_zps

and some more removal...

581D9B2B-67D1-4C2A-B1A8-B3383ECAAE65_zps

39613912-831B-46C2-A982-0354D071E1A5_zps

Broke my clock spring getting the steering wheel off! Damn thing pinged off of the wheel when I compressed the clips to get the air bag off and ripped a wire out of the ribbon connector!

Down the breakers I go!

Then had to fully strip the Lupo's heater and fan box off.

ECF874D3-A6E7-4BA9-903C-F41B8686764D_zps

Once that was off and out I went about removing all of the motors and fitting them to the Lupo's existing boxes.. This was pretty easy, most of the mounts were already on the lupo box, just a few that needed to be taken and refitted.

Annoyingly I forgot to take photos :(

Once all of the polo bits had been fitted and the boxes all refitted I did a demo run, everything ran and worked!

Then came the job of refitting the dash and all the interior. (Again sorry no photos).

2E9BCDC4-31B3-43D8-B8BA-AEF40D34752A_zps

There it is in! (Not happy with how it sits, need to bring it forward which will be easy enough)!

Then came the bit I've been pretty excited for...

1CBEC802-08F2-48A6-890F-FD0FBF6E2569_zps

Still haven't fitted the door cards yet as I want to upgrade the audio first!

That's it for this update..

Thanks for reading!

• Like 1

As mentioned above love the seats and sets off nicely against the blue. Nice work with the climatronic how long did it take?

It took a while.. Probably about 6 hours, that's mainly because of the wiring as it was a pain!!

I'm not entirely finished on the interior, I've got matching door cards and a matching gear gaiter to fit. Rear door cards Haven't been done yet as I'm going to upgrade the speakers to make it future proof and the gear gaiter as I want to get a new gear knob!

Thanks for the comments :)

Tiny little update, went to the breakers near me (Pease Pottage) and picked up a few things, Got a new vent as one of the clips on my drivers side broke when refitting the dash, a set of mk4 golf wiper and indicator stalks as i'm gonna see about retrofitting them as they have the variable speed settings!

and finally this, because its all about the small things!

116AEC82-EA99-4095-8365-C4FB5E00305B_zps

It's a polo 9n headlight switch, prefer it to the lupo one!

p.s that wire in the background is my tweeter wiring, just because I haven't refitted them yet lol

Edited by Mattz341

Did they have many Lupos at Pease Pottage?

Nice set of upgrades too, don't think the Mk4 stalks will fit, although you can get a relay from a Passat that works for variable intermittent wipers...

Oh and I really LOVE that interior!!!

Edited by lupogtiboy
  • Like 1

Haha no they had no lupo's in there day yard, didn't get into the Saturday yard obviously but he thought they may have had a black one..

I'm gonna play with elsa win, see what needs to go where and see if it was doable, didn't pay for them as they were hidden in my tool box lol so im not too fussed either way!!

Yeah i read about that relay thing, i'll look into it some more but i don't like the stalks in the loop anyway lol

The interior is lush it makes me fall in love with it every time i get in it lol

We need to organise the panels, wheel and the undertray!! lol

Yeah I forgot about those! Lupo has no MOT at the mo, it ran out on Tuesday, had a lot on lately. I've got a list of things I need to sort on her before I can get her MOT'd again, had a misfire which turned out to be an injector, managed to sort that out, but need new coilovers as my Ap's are knackered! I will try and get a pic of the undertray tonight (if I remember!!)