GTI Brake Issues

Having some problems with my brakes.

Thursday i noticed my brake pedal travel was ridiculous! The pressure is so close to the floor, friday it got even lower then I noticed that as I'm turning to park i get a scraping noise, then when i turn the wheel more than 10 degrees left i get a humming noise??? i also get wheel shake and pedal shake when i brake (as if my discs are warped - this has happened for a while though)

any help is appreciated! The discs and pads have only done about 17k.

i think the cylinder is okay as when i pump the pedal I'm getting pressure come all the way back up the pedal its just when i turn the engine over the pressure is lost all the way down the pedal

Sounds like you have several problems tbh, I'd get it up in the air and take your front wheels off and have a look at your wheel bearings, maybe abs rings and sensors, your long travel at a push could be siezed or sticking caliper sliders, or maybe air in your lines I guess. Best bet is to get the components to bits and have a good tidy up, with the wheels off it may become obvious straight away.

Sounds like you have several problems tbh, I'd get it up in the air and take your front wheels off and have a look at your wheel bearings, maybe abs rings and sensors, your long travel at a push could be siezed or sticking caliper sliders, or maybe air in your lines I guess. Best bet is to get the components to bits and have a good tidy up, with the wheels off it may become obvious straight away.

cheers pete, I'm going to do just that, but put all brand new braking components on, I'm going to do a G60 front set up, with new referbed callipers so i shouldn't suffer from slider issues, I'm also going to put braided hoses on, and then fill with DOT5.1 :) so with all that i will know that under the hub its self is fine. Then if that doesn't work i managed to source for a year £20 a master cylinder, servo and reservoir from a breakers so i have that as a reserve but i can't feel any liquid in the footwell so I'm hoping i don't have to change that :)

Im going to bleed/flush out the system when i change the disc and pads to the g60 set that i emailed you about Kam / Kev. I know its not really fault finding its just chaining everything and hoping but I've wanted to do the g60 setup for a while so thought why not now.