1.2 / 1.4 fuel temperature sender

According to volks world (ssp_223) the t piece allows the 1.4 to warm up to >30ºC whereas the 3L gets up to ~60ºC before returning fuel back to the tank

Checking through etka based sites like partsbase.org and partscats.info it comes up with the P/N 038906081B for all of lupos diesel engines and also covers many others Vag models.

Does anyone have any idea how there could be two with the same P/N

Does anyone know of the alternative that may have been used in the lupo/ A 1.2 3L

Thanks

Keelan

Edited by Keelan

So why, do you reckon, they would say that the two cars have different operating temperatures to switch to return line

I have heard of some having a 2 pin base an and others having 3 or 4 pin base.

Thanks

Keelan

So why, do you reckon, they would say that the two cars have different operating temperatures to switch to return line I have heard of some having a 2 pin base an and others having 3 or 4 pin base. Thanks Keelan

OK, I think we're getting confused here mate. The T-piece on top of the fuel filter (the thermostatic valve) has no pins. It's not electrical. It's a thermostat, albeit a simple one. It's entirely possible those facts you've read are wrong. I don't know when the thermostatic valve opens on my SDI is, but the whole point is to return hot fuel to the fuel tank to ensure the fuel doesn't gel going into colder environments. A quick reality check, they're not that necessary in the UK, although I see no benefit removing them and in USA, Australia and warmer climates most people block them off as they're a common source of air leaks.

If there are different parts on the 3L, it's probably to allow the engine to get hotter quicker. When the engine runs lower than the optimum temperature, it'll run inefficient.

You're Right! I'm being a bloody melon.. I thought they were one in the same at first look so I didn't pay further attention... I'm so glad you pointed the out. Thank you. I'll com back with a further findings