installing amp and speaker box

OK, well the easiest way is to take the left and right rear from the headunit straight into the amp (white and red) then you need get some decent speaker wire and run it to the speakers. Poundland do speaker wire for... hmm, a pound, that's not too bad.

You obviously need to wire in the remote wire as well so the amp powers on when your radio does. Get a nice fat accessory wire coming from your battery too.

Ok.. So I run a wire from my battery that connects to what on the amp? And what's the remote wire look like on the head unit?

How would I connect the ends of the speaker cable to the red and white holes in the amp? Because that's bare wire and that red and white is a plug type hole.. Thanks! Sorry completely no idea when it comes to speakers.. Give me mechanical stuff and I'm fine.

Haha, not a problem. There's people on here who know more about it than me. I just know the basics.

1. Accessory wire, big fat cable, something like a 8 AWG wire. That should handle about 1200 watts. You can go fatter or thinner, but one of the positives of running a fat accessory cable is that you can take feeds off it for other accessories. You're running this to the power terminal on the amp.

h12cblchrt-o_large.jpeg

2. The remote wire is most often blue... if you're using an aftermarket wiring harness.... which I suggest you do. Take a feed off this.

3. Red and white 'holes' are for phono cables. You'll have phono cables/sockets on the back of your head unit. Run decent quality phono cables under your carpets to the red and white.

4. The Line Out is for your speaker wire to your speakers :)

Good luck, let us know if you need more help.

• 4 weeks later...

Some people get interference on the RCA's when running the power the same side as the power. Some don't.

isn't that what a ground loop isolator is for?