Can Anyone Help With This Thread Pattern/Size

Hi Guys,

Having a bit of a problem. There are 2 screw threads underneath both the rear seats, but I don't know what the thread pattern is. I was looking to mount my harnesses to these when I put my bucket seats in (won't be running them daily).

Below is a photo I stole from the internet and I have circled where the threads are, but it is a little unclear...

Image7_zps629ade7f.jpg

I will take my own photo to show this better if needed.

Thanks!

I would imagine that is where the seat belt stalk mounts on a 3-seater rear bench, if so then it should be the same bolt as the bolt that holds in the stalk fitted onto your car already, so maybe worth unbolting your stalks and seeing if it screws in. VW part number is N 989 516 01 and it gives the dimensions as 7/16" x 35 and costs £1.80 inc vat

• Like 2

I would imagine that is where the seat belt stalk mounts on a 3-seater rear bench, if so then it should be the same bolt as the bolt that holds in the stalk fitted onto your car already, so maybe worth unbolting your stalks and seeing if it screws in. VW part number is N 989 516 01 and it gives the dimensions as 7/16" x 35 and costs £1.80 inc vat

Thank you for the information, I will try this when I get home and see if it is correct.

Again thanks for replying, awesome stuff :)

Managed to acquire a couple of screws from a MK2 Golf next door to where I work, which seem to be the thread size required. And after searching the part number on Google, they seem to be the same for both.

I think VW have been using those bolts for seat belts since they started making cars! They are listed as fitting a Khamann Ghia amongst many others....

• Like 1