Recoding keys..

Been relying on one key (Lupo one) since I did the mk4 flip key on the spare, it stopped working a few months after and kept losing its programming & sat in the draw since.

Fast forward 3 years, I now have no locks anywhere on the car & just had my key not want to unlock.. battery is fine & now works again 10 minutes later.

To cut a long story short, is it possible to programme a key as will sort the second as a backup without having a lock barrel..

cheers

it can be done using vagcom you just need the ecu access code to do it, or you can go to an auto electrician and they can do it, cost me £30 to have it coded, £7 to have it cut and £40 for the flip key its self, so an expensive mod but was worth it! and its all genuine

it can be done using vagcom you just need the ecu access code to do it, or you can go to an auto electrician and they can do it, cost me £30 to have it coded, £7 to have it cut and £40 for the flip key its self, so an expensive mod but was worth it! and its all genuine

I did the flip key programming myself before & for some strange reason it didn't stay programmed for longer then a couple of months... I'll find someone with vagcom, although as far as I was aware you still had to put the uncoded key into the drivers lock barrel?

I'll do some more digging, cheers man!

I did the flip key programming myself before & for some strange reason it didn't stay programmed for longer then a couple of months... I'll find someone with vagcom, although as far as I was aware you still had to put the uncoded key into the drivers lock barrel?

I'll do some more digging, cheers man!

i know when i took it to an auto electricians they just put my key into a chip reader and put my new key into and it copied to code across!

i just had a lupo key done at VW was £130 for key £19 for coding. If you go to a VW when i went there they specifically asked had there been any new or modified key barrels if so it was going to be another £200 on top... probably not the best answer for you...

idea? couldnt you switch it back till you get it cut and coded then take it out again?