Double Din GPS With AUX Lupo.

billy_edmonds

Hey!

Currently putting a list together of bits to grab for the lupo. Iv been looking for days now trying to find a Double Din Gps/stereo with an AUX in? Does such a thing even exsist for a lupo?

Yeah there is- search for MFD. I think it's the same as used in Golf, Bora and a few others. The SEAT and SKODA units also fit straight in from what I've read. I'm also on the lookout for one. But the used units are not cheap.... Even from a scrappers they go for about £130. And like Skezza says, you need an adapter to plug into the standard Lupo radio loom. Don't forget you'll need the GPS antenna and CDROM map as well.

Yeah there is- search for MFD. I think it's the same as used in Golf, Bora and a few others. The SEAT and SKODA units also fit straight in from what I've read. I'm also on the lookout for one. But the used units are not cheap.... Even from a scrappers they go for about £130. And like Skezza says, you need an adapter to plug into the standard Lupo radio loom. Don't forget you'll need the GPS antenna and CDROM map as well.

Which is why a nice aftermarket unit is the way to go. I get the whole visual side of OEM but as soon as functionality becomes a priority, you realize aftermarket is the only way you can go. Not to bash the VW stuff of course.

They're okay. Don't expect audiophile quality or Apple slick interfaces, but they're fine for what they are. The audio quality is usually better than OEM and the GPS is seriously good.

All you need to consider is fitting them can be a bitch, but having installed a few, I can assure you, it's possible and easy enough with a bit of basic skills.

• 4 weeks later...