how many miles has you Lupo done?

weslangdon

The earliest Lupo's are now 15 years old, what sort of mileages are these cars achieving, my Arosa Sport is up to 122k, is 13 years old and flew through both MOT and emissions test the week before last. Last week my sons 1.4, Lupo 75 bhp also passed both MOT and emissions test though its gases figures weren't as good, it has just short of 80k on the clock. Has anyone hit 200k yet, I don't see why not with a galvanised carcass, brakes and suspensions and even interiors that are easily swapped the only limitations are engines and g/boxes

Edited by weslangdon

The earliest Lupo's are now 15 years old, what sort of mileages are these cars achieving, my Arosa Sport is up to 122k, is 13 years old and flew through both MOT and emissions test the week before last. Last week my sons 1.4, Lupo 75 bhp also passed both MOT and emissions test though its gases figures weren't as good, it has just short of 80k on the clock. Has anyone hit 200k yet, I don't see why not with a galvanised carcass, brakes and suspensions and even interiors that are easily swapped the only limitations are engines and g/boxes

60k for my 02 sdi with fsh

• Like 1

110k for my SDI

• Like 1

I had 160k on my Arosa 1.4 TDi, which had been well maintained from new before I sold it, was still running sweet!

And still got great MPG in my eyes, considering it was only really driven short journeys when cold!

• Like 1

Mine had 142k when I sold it (if I remember right) I think it had about 160 when it appeared on ebay looking sorry for itself

Shame how yours went. Very tidy when you owned it.

Shame how yours went. Very tidy when you owned it.

yeah I remember getting a phone call off a mate to let me know how bad it was when he viewed it... don't get me wrong, it wasn't perfect when I owned it but it was a daily with high mileage. All of the considered I think it was pretty mint. heres a pic taken a few months before it went...

534873_10151950308515451_224037441_n.jpg

• Like 1

03 GTI 153383 miles, I've owned since 7000 miles.....

Impressive miles! Lets hope mine gets to that!

Mine had 142k when I sold it (if I remember right) I think it had about 160 when it appeared on ebay looking sorry for itself

Shame really, some people don't understand the necessity to replace parts etc on these high mileage cars! :(

it never wanted for anything when I had it...

belt was due but wasn't going to spend the earth on it when I was selling it.

should have kept it and stuck the 20v in that instead

it never wanted for anything when I had it...

belt was due but wasn't going to spend the earth on it when I was selling it.

should have kept it and stuck the 20v in that instead

Well mine is needing a new 2nd gear, but bought it knowing that anyway, still goes in to 2nd if you rev match it, however plan on getting it rebuilt in the new year!

Haven't seen many people have issues with the gearbox however, maybe it was the was the previous owners used it? Who knows!

I had a second hand box rebuilt as my original one was getting noisy. I think I had bearing on the mainshaft that was wearing out, still changed gear perfectly though. My recon one can be a bugger to get into 1st tho....

• 2 weeks later...