I just bought a lupo GTi yesterday in Raven blue! Love the car!
As my first upgrade on the car, I wanted to do the MFD install. I've been trying to read up about it as much as I can but please bear with me if I'm asking some questions with obvious answers. (vwnavi has been down for maintenance for a few days so I can't get much info there)
So, here come some questions...if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it.
1) is there a specific model required, do D and G models work? I'm looking at buy one with the following model number (3B0035191d) will that work?
2) I don't plan on using the sat nav at all. Do I still need the plug and play loom? Where can I get one nowadays? Any wiring diagrams I can use to splice the correct wires together if I can't find this plug and play kit?
3) what I want to do is get some sort of video in working on the unit. I've read about a dietz1212 adapter? Is this what I need and are there any alternatives (it's quite old I know).
4) will I be able to get a 3.5mm aux in or will I need the plug and play adapter?
5) does it slot straight in? As far as I know it does but it's a bit tight for space behind the dash. Can somebody confirm this?
6) I've also read about 'CAN-BUS' issues where the unit switches off after 59mins. This doesn't apply to the MFD I hope?
Thanks and I hope to post a few pics of my car on the weekend. This would be a super project for me if somebody could help out!